For those who could be touring by one of many international locations within the Schengen Space, you’re required to get a Schengen transit visa as a authorized transfer.
The 26” international locations in Schengen Space embrace the Netherlands, Lithuania, Austria, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, France, Slovakia, Italy, Spain, Luxembourg, Finland, Malta, Portugal, Latvia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Estonia, Sweden, Greece, Poland, Belgium, Hungary, Norway, and Iceland.
With a legitimate Schengen transit visa, you’ll be able to go by international locations in Schengen Space for a brief interval. You have to show your goal for getting the sort of visa when making use of for it.
To qualify for a Schengen transit visa, you need to meet particular necessities, akin to possessing a legitimate passport. As well as, you need to additionally journey by a Schengen Space nation to a non-Schengen Space nation or one other nation within the Schengen Space.
Learn extra in regards to the Schengen transit visa, its necessities, price, and software steps.
What’s a Schengen transit visa?
A Schengen transit visa is a sort of visa that enables foreigners to journey by a rustic within the Schengen Space whereas on a visit.
The Schengen Space consists of “26” European international locations that don’t have a restriction for entry and exit at their widespread borders.
Schengen transit visa necessities
In case you are planning to journey by any of the international locations within the Schengen Space, you need to qualify for a Schengen transit visa. The necessities for the sort of visa range relying in your vacation spot nation.
Here’s a checklist of the necessities to meet to get a Schengen transit visa.
- Crammed out the applying kind for Schengen A-Visa
- A sound journey doc or passport ought to have as much as 2 pages for visa stamps when touring by a Schengen Space nation to your vacation spot. Keep in mind that your passport should have a validity interval of a minimum of three months.
- Two (2) pictures that correspond with Schengen necessities
- Proof of Schengen visa charge cost, which prices as much as €80
- Visa for the nation the place you’re heading to (in case a visa is required on the port of entry)
- Earlier visas’ copies (provided that obligatory)
- Present proof of journey insurance coverage
- A return flight ticket
- Biometric information (with an exemption for kids, authorities officers, and handicapped individuals)
- You wrote a canopy letter to the embassy or consulate. After all, the letter ought to elaborate in your time of go to, plans for lodging, and goal of journey.
Schengen transit visa charge
To get this visa, you need to pay an software charge of about €80. Nevertheless, the applying charge for the visa varies relying on the nation.
The charge is charged to monetary controls and surveillance of borders. Take observe that that you must pay the charge in money upon arrival on the Schengen Space nation.
Schengen transit visa processing time
The processing time for the sort of transit visa is totally different, as it could range relying on the embassy or consulate processing your software. Due to this, we advise that you just full and submit your software inside two weeks of while you want to journey.
Normally, the visa’s processing time is round 15 days.
The best way to apply for a Schengen transit visa
Therefore, the next are the steps to use for this transit visa.
- Analysis the embassy or consulate location of the Schengen Space nation
- Apply for the visa after arriving within the nation
- Await visa processing by the embassy or consulate
STEP 1: Analysis the embassy or consulate location of the Schengen Space nation
Definitely, you need to first analysis the placement of the embassy or consulate within the nation the place you need to apply for its transit visa.
This may make it very straightforward so that you can plan your journey.
STEP 2: Apply for the visa after arriving within the nation
The second step in getting a transit visa to allow you to journey by a Schengen Space nation includes beginning your journey.
Upon arrival to the Schengen Space nation, you need to discover your solution to the embassy or consulate to use for the visa.
STEP 3: Await visa processing by the embassy or consulate
After finishing the applying course of for the transit visa, that you must permit a short while. The embassy or consulate will assess and course of your software throughout this time.
Exemptions for Schengen Airport Transit Visa
In case you are a traveler beneath any of the next classes, you’re exempted from making use of for this transit visa.
- Vacationers who possess a diplomatic passport
- Third-country nationals who’ve legitimate American, Canadian, or Japanese visas. You might be additionally eligible beneath this class in case you are a returnee of any of those international locations
- Individuals who’re third-country nationals with a legitimate residence allow or visa for any of the 26 Schengen Space international locations, the European Union, or European Financial Space nation
- Third-country nationals who possess a legitimate American, Japanese, Canadian, Andorran, or San Marinese residence allow
- Individuals who maintain a legitimate residence allow, nationwide long-stay visa, or a uniform visa of any of the Schengen Space nation
- Relations of an individual who’s a citizen of the Union as famous within the Visa Code: Article 1(2)(a)
- Individuals whose occupation is a flight crew and who’re on obligation. Furthermore, this requires you to be a nationwide of a contracting Get together to the Chicago Conference on Worldwide Civil Aviation (ICAO)
International locations whose nationals should get a Schengen transit visa
Under is a listing of nations whose residents should receive a transit visa.
- Central African Republic
- Dominican Republic
- South Sudan
- Sierra Leone
- Guinea Bissau
- The Gambia
- Côte D’Ivoire
Schengen Space international locations that don’t require a transit visa to journey by them
You don’t have to use for a transit visa in case you intend to journey to your vacation spot nation by the next Schengen Space international locations. Apart from, you continue to must receive a visa to your vacation spot nation.
See additionally: Jordan visa on arrival
Steadily Requested Questions
How lengthy does a Schengen transit visa software take to course of?
The processing time for a Schengen transit visa software usually varies on the embassy or consulate the place you full the applying course of. Nevertheless, your entire course of ought to typically take 15 days.
Do I want a transit visa to journey by Schengen Space?
It will depend on your state of affairs. Certainly, a transit visa is non-compulsory to journey by a Schengen Space nation besides in case you intend to remain within the airport for no more than 24 hours with out leaving its premises.
Moreover, it’s best to affirm whether or not the embassy or consulate of the nation you need to journey by requires a legitimate transit visa.
Who wants a Schengen transit visa?
A Schengen transit visa is required by residents of particular international locations who’re passing by a Schengen Space nation on the way in which to a rustic in a non-Schengen Space.
Do I want a transit visa for the UK if I’ve a Schengen visa?
No, you don’t want a transit visa for the UK because you maintain a legitimate Schengen visa. With a Schengen visa, you’ll be able to journey throughout the 26 international locations in Schengen Space.
Undoubtedly, the UK just isn’t inclusive of those international locations however is an EU member. Subsequently, in case you nonetheless have a legitimate Schengen visa, you’ll be able to journey to the UK with out extra purposes.
Is a Schengen visa wanted for transit in Amsterdam?
In case you are not a citizen of a rustic within the Schengen Space, you want a legitimate visa to journey by Amsterdam, the Netherlands. As such, a Schengen visa will allow free motion inside 26 international locations within the Schengen Space.
The place do I apply for a Schengen transit visa?
The one place you’ll be able to apply for this transit visa is the embassy or consulate you’re touring by to your vacation spot nation. However, in fact, this implies there is just one solution to apply for this transit visa.
Can a Schengen transit visa be denied?
Sure, a Schengen transit visa could be denied. This may be as a result of the applicant must fulfill the necessities, akin to having a legitimate visa for the vacation spot nation.
In conclusion, a Schengen transit visa can authorize you to journey by a rustic in Schengen Space with out requiring extra visas to achieve your vacation spot nation. So make sure that you get a Schengen transit visa in case you are touring by one of many international locations within the Schengen space, besides when there may be an exemption for you.
Above all, it’s straightforward to get and doesn’t require a lot paperwork, making it excellent for vacationers with much less time to finish their journey.
Thanks for studying this text! You might share with your loved ones and associates on WhatsApp, Twitter, and different social media web sites.