To get a foreigner to give you the results you want in one of many specialty occupations in the US, you’ll must file a petition for a nonimmigrant employee. The worker can then apply for an H-1B visa by way of the US embassy or consulate of their house nation. On this article, you’ll uncover find out how to apply for an H1B visa.
Take the next steps to apply online for an H-1B visa:
- Verify whether or not the overseas worker is eligible for an H-1B visa. (See beneath for the necessities.)
- Take the petition supplies to an Immigration Coordinator or Specialist to make sure compliance.
- Full Form I-129 on-line and submit it alongside your supporting paperwork, together with an authorized Labor Situation Utility (LCA) to USCIS.
- Look ahead to processing. If an approval discover was issued, the employee can go to the US embassy or consulate of their house country to apply for an H1B visa.
How Do You Qualify for an H1B Visa?
Earlier than applying for an H-1B visa, make sure the overseas employee you propose to rent has met the next necessities with none exceptions:
- Maintain no less than a Bachelor’s diploma or its equal in a specific discipline
- Possess an unrestricted license, certification, or registration issued by a US state, permitting the foreigner to work full-time in a specialty occupation within the US state the place your organization operates
- Be hiring a overseas employee to hold out specialised and complicated duties, assuming a task that’s related to their discipline of research
How Lengthy is an H-1B Visa Legitimate For?
With a legitimate H1B visa, you’ll be able to work for a United States employer and keep for at most three years. The timeframe is extendable for an additional three years, permitting you to remain as much as six years. Try find out how to apply for an H1B visa extension.
How Lengthy Does It Take To Get an H1B Visa?
The processing time for an H-1B visa is nonspecific, because it varies relying on a number of components. On common, it takes two to 5 months to get an approval discover. In distinctive instances, it may take as much as eight months to course of.
Nevertheless, you’ll be able to pay additional to go for its Premium Processing, permitting you to get your visa inside 15 days.
Associated: How Lengthy Does An H1B Visa Final?
How A lot Does a US H1B Visa Price?
To file an H-1B visa petition on behalf of a overseas employee, you’ll must pay a registration price of $10 for every foreigner. The price is nonrefundable, and you will need to settle it earlier than submitting your registration.
Can I Apply For an H1B Visa On My Personal?
No, you want a US-based firm or employer to file a petition for a non-immigrant employee in your behalf. With out it, there isn’t a different approach you may get the visa to work a specialty occupation in the US.
Is It Exhausting to Get a H1B Visa?
Sure, qualifying for an H-1B visa may be difficult, as its necessities are tough to satisfy as a result of sponsorship necessities. Apart from, discovering an organization or employer prepared to sponsor your visa within the US is a extremely aggressive course of.