Should you’ve utilized for the US everlasting residency through any route, you possibly can be part of your partner abroad even earlier than your software is granted. However how? You’ll have to use for a Okay-3 visa. On this publish, you’ll discover an excellent reply to the query, “What’s a K3 visa?”
A K3 Visa endorses the partner of a US citizen to remain within the States briefly whereas ready to get their inexperienced card. It’s a nonimmigrant visa that allows you to keep together with your partner within the United States till USCIS grants you everlasting residency.
How Lengthy is a K3 Visa Legitimate For?
A Okay-3 visa permits you to keep in america together with your partner for two years. Inside this era, your permanent residence software would have been determined. If accepted, you’ll obtain your inexperienced card and might reside within the US for so long as you need.
How Lengthy Does a K3 Visa Take to Course of?
A K3 Visa does not have a specific processing time, because it varies relying on particular person circumstances. It often takes not less than 4 months to course of and should require a wait time of as much as 16 months.
What are the Paperwork Wanted for a K3 Visa?
There are a couple of documentation requirements for the United States K-3 visa, as listed beneath:
- Form DS-160 affirmation web page
- Legitimate passport
- Two images of you, sized at 2″ x 2″
- Proof of relationship with a US citizen who’s your citizen
- Authentic and authorized copies of your civil paperwork. These embrace your delivery certificates, marriage certificates to a US citizen, in addition to the divorce or demise certificates of your earlier partner (if any)
- Proof of economic assist, comparable to your latest bank statement
- Police clearance certificates from the nation the place you now reside and different nations you’ve lived for not less than six months since age 16
- Medical examination studies
- Proof of vaccination (Relying on the place you’re from)
- Proof of visa fee fee
Remember that you simply, your partner within the US, and your kids making use of for K4 visas should maintain the above-mentioned paperwork to their visa interview.
How A lot Does It Price To File A K3?
The application fee for a United States K-3 visa is $265 and is non-refundable underneath all circumstances. Irrespective of the place you’re from, you have to pay the price earlier than USCIS will begin your visa processing.
Can I Work within the US With a K3 Visa?
No, holding a Okay-3 visa does not authorize you to work in america. Nevertheless, you possibly can file an employment authorization with the US Citizenship and Immigration Companies. You’ll have to finish Form I-765 and pay a submitting price of $410, which you’ll be exempt from paying.
Is K3 the Similar as a Spousal Visa?
No, america Okay-3 visa differs from a spousal (IR1/CR1) visa. Whereas K3 is a nonimmigrant visa for spouses of US residents, a CR1 visa is an immigrant visa for spouses of US residents. A K3 visa permits you to keep briefly in america till you get your inexperienced card. In distinction, a CR1 visa allows you to turn out to be a US everlasting resident and be part of your partner abroad.