A UAE Family Visa is valid for up to three years, allowing you to visit a family member in the United Arab Emirates for one, two, or three years. It is one of the easiest visas to get for the Emirates due to its sponsorship. If you’re looking for how to apply for a family visa in UAE, read on as we provide 100% genuine information.
To obtain a UAE Family Visa, your UAE-based family member must first apply for an entry permit on your behalf. Once it is granted, you can book your flight and travel to the UAE. Upon arrival, your sponsor will also help you to complete your family visa application at the nearest GDRFA office.
Its processing usually takes 10 to 15 working days, provided you are eligible and there’s no additional requirements.
Is Marriage Certificate Required for Family Visa in UAE?
Yes, you must provide a copy of your marriage certificate if you’re sponsoring your spouse for a family visa to the UAE. It must be attested in your home country and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the UAE. In that way, it proves your marital status and relationship with your spouse, whom you want to join you in the United Arab Emirates.
The marriage certificate is only acceptable in Arabic, so you should get it translated if otherwise.
What Are The Documents Required For Family Visa in UAE?
Before applying for a family visa in the United Arab Emirates, be sure you have the following document at hand, as the sponsor:
- Duplicates of your valid passport and residence visa
- Photocopies of the bio-data pages of the sponsored family member(s) visa. Note that each passport must be valid for at least the next six months.
- Four passport-size photos for each person you’re sponsoring (Must have a white background)
- Emirates ID card
- Proof of insurance coverage
- Original copy of your labor or employment contract
- Ejari or registered tenancy contract of your residence in the UAE
- Original salary certificate from your employer, indicating your salary. If you work in a free zone company, you have to provide a letter (in Arabic) from the free zone authority.
- Original marriage certificate attested by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a UAE foreign representation in your home country. However, translation to Arabic is mandatory.
- Utility bills of recent months in your name
- A medical certificate to prove the current health status of sponsored family members who are above 18 years of age
What is the Minimum Salary for Family Visa in UAE?
Before you can sponsor a visa for your family member to the United Arab Emirates, your salary must be up to a threshold. If you’re the husband sponsoring your wife, you must earn at least AED 3,000 per month plus accommodation or AED 4,000 per month.
Contrarily, a wife sponsoring her husband’s visa must earn higher, i.e., AED 10,000 monthly or AED 8,000 monthly plus accommodation.
If you’re sponsoring your parents’ visa, your monthly salary must be at least AED 20,000.
With a UAE Family Visa, you can sponsor your spouse, parents, dependent children, or stepchildren to spend some time with you in Canada. Above all, its application process is stress-free, giving you an opportunity to reunite with your family members.