With a valid Golden Visa, you can live, work or study anywhere in the UAE as a foreign talent. It is a long-term residence visa, allowing you to enjoy exclusive benefits. If you are looking for how to apply for a Golden Visa within or outside the UAE, this article explains it all.
To get a Golden Visa for the United Arab Emirates, you’ll have to apply online through the ICA online system or GDRFA’s website. If you prefer applying via the ICP Smart Services System, go to the Golden Residency Services webpage to get started. The application process is easy and quick, so you have no fears.
But if you would like to apply for a Golden Visa through GDRFA’s website, take the following steps without exceptions:
- Log on to GDRFA Dubai website.
- Choose your preferred UAEs Golden Visa service
- Complete the online application form
- Upload all supporting documents, and pay the relevant fees
- Submit your Golden Visa application.
Alternatively, you can apply via GDRFA-Dubai mobile app for Android and iOS devices. If you’re choosing this option, follow the steps below to submit a complete application:
- Download the GDRFA-Dubai app from Apple Store or Google Play Store, depending on your device
- Create a new account, since it is your first time using the platform
- Select the required visa service
- Upload the required documentation, and pay the visa fees
- Submit your visa application, and that’s all.
Related: Montenegro Golden Visa – Application and Investment Options.
How Do You Qualify for a Golden Visa in The UAE?
To qualify for a UAE Golden Visa, you must be an outstanding student (high school or university level), or entrepreneur. You are also eligible if you’re a frontline hero, humanitarian work pioneer, investor in public investments, or real estate.
Outstanding specialized talents like doctors, scientists, athletes, and inventors are not left out as well. You must also satisfy the following requirements.
- Hold a passport valid for at least six consecutive months
- Have earned a degree from one of the best 100 universities in the world, with a CGPA not below 3.5
- Must have completed the degree education within the last two years. Besides, your educational certificate must be approved by the Ministry of Education.
Why Do I Need a UAE Golden Visa?
While a Golden Visa allows you to live, work, and study in the UAE, you’ll also enjoy some exclusive benefits as follows:
- A long-term residence visa renewable and valid for five or ten years
- Not need of a visa sponsor for a Golden Visa
- The privilege to sponsor your family members of all ages and domestic workers of any number
- Can stay outside the UAE for more than six months without losing your residence permit
- Above all, family members of Golden Visa holders can remain in the UAE, even if the main holder dies. However, they must leave before their residence visa expires.
Can I Get Golden Visa If I Buy Property in Dubai?
Yes, you are eligible for a UAE Golden Visa of five years if you purchase one or multiple properties in any of the Emirates. The property must worth at least AED 2 million. You can also buy the property with a loan acquired from specific local banks.