In case you’re at present in america on a legitimate F, M, B1/B2, J, L, H, or C1/D visa, you could qualify for visa renewal. Which means you’ll be able to keep longer than your preliminary visa with out violating US legal guidelines, going through deportation, or getting a journey ban. You’ll be able to apply on-line or by mail, even from throughout the US. On this article, you’ll uncover methods to renew a US visa.
Earlier than applying for your US visa renewal, make sure you:
- are with a passport legitimate all through the meant keep within the United States
- maintain a valid nonimmigrant visa and entered the US utilizing it
- haven’t dedicated any crime or change into an ex-con throughout your stay on the visa
- didn’t violate your visa guidelines, akin to working without a work visa or as an international student
To use to your visa renewal on-line, you’ll need to file an utility with USCIS on the Form I-539. You’ll want to enter your electronic mail and password to entry the net kind on the system.
How lengthy does a US visa renewal take?
The US Citizenship and Immigration Providers (USCIS) usually takes two weeks to 1 month to course of visa renewals for international nationals. Nevertheless, essentially the most applicable to submit your visa renewal utility is a minimum of 45 days earlier than your present visa expires.
What paperwork are wanted for a US visa renewal?
USCIS mandates that you simply present some paperwork earlier than it might probably course of your visa renewal utility.
Right here’s a typical record of those paperwork:
- A sound passport, which should final for a minimum of one other six months from if you intend to go away america
- Two passport-size photographs of you, totally different from those you utilized in submitting your preliminary visa application
- Type DS-160 affirmation web page
- Proof of visa charge cost
How can I renew my US visa with out an interview?
You’ll be able to solely renew your visa for america with out attending an interview in case you qualify for the Interview Waiver Program (IWP). This system’s standards embrace possessing a legitimate B1/B2, C1/D, F, H, J, L, or M visa.
What occurs in case you don’t renew your visa within the USA?
In case you forgot or deliberately didn’t renew your US visa, it’ll change into void, and overstaying violates america legal guidelines. You may be deported or banned for as much as ten years for this.
Can I renew my US visa after it expires?
No, you can’t renew a United States visa after its expiry. That makes it important to use for renewal whereas your present visa is still valid in the USA.
Do I would like to go away the US to resume my visa?
No, you’ll be able to apply for a US visa renewal with out returning to your nation by submitting your request with USCIS. Nevertheless, only some nonimmigrant visa holders can profit from this.
Notice that you’re ineligible for renewal in case you entered the US with no visa by way of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). You additionally can’t renew a Crewmember (D), Transit (C), Okay-1, or S visa. Most significantly, apply a minimum of 45 days earlier than the present one ends.