Argelander Scholarships 2022- University Of Bonn, Germany Scholarship are currently ongoing and the portal is also open for all interested candidates who wish to apply now, so I advise you to start applying before the deadline.
This is a complete breakdown of how you can successfully apply for the Scholarship 2022.
The scholarship allows Ph.D. level program(s) in the field of All subjects taught at the University of Bonn.
Argelander Scholarships are available at the University of Bonn for doctoral candidates from countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia. The aim of scholarships is to promote scientific exchange with partners in these regions.
- Host Nationality: Germany
- Institution: University of Bonn
- Study Type: Full time(Ph.D.)
- Academic Session: 2022
Argelander Scholarships Benefits:
The funding can cover the following:
- A travel allowance (depending on country of origin)
- A scholarship of €1,500 per month (additional funds for accompanying family members: up to €300 for a spouse and €250 per child)
- A research expense allowance of up to € 300 per month can be submitted to the International Office after the scholarship has been awarded. Information on applying for the allowance will be provided with your scholarship award.
The funding is for a period of at least 3 and not more than 12 months. When calculating costs, please note the instructions in the financing plan (and use the following Excel table, download here).
Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
Argelander Scholarships Requirement
Project proposals are evaluated in two categories:
- Academic Quality and Mutual Benefit: quality of the research project to be worked on during the stay in Bonn; relevance of the research topic to developments in the region of origin; scholars’ contribution to academic life in Bonn (eg via public lectures, seminars or colloquiums); scholars’ integration into the host institute (place of work, integration into existing teaching and research activities) and into an effective supervision concept
- Strategic Relevance and Potential for Future Cooperation: Intensity of the existing cooperation; plans for long-term research relationships between the scholar and the host institute in Bonn; connection to Bonn’s research profile ; how the research will be shared with broader academic communities
In the case of a tie between two proposals, preference will be given to the project with a higher score in the category ‘academic quality and mutual benefit’.
- Pre-assessment: anonymous by independent experts from the University of Bonn
- Final decision: a committee made up of representatives from all of the University of Bonn’s faculties will discuss the shortlist and select the fellowships.
- Depending on the requested amounts, up to five projects can be funded
Argelander Scholarships Deadline
The deadline for the scholarship is 01 May 2022.
Start Application Now!
How to Apply for Argelander Scholarships
- online form
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the research project to be worked on during the person’s stay in Bonn;please write your proposal for a multidisciplinary audience
- Reasons for the host to invite the doctoral candidate
- An outline of how the doctoral candidate will be integrated at the host institute (place of work, participation in the institute’s teaching and research activities), and an outline of how the project will be supervised in Bonn
- CV and motivational letter of the doctoral candidate (PDF)
- A financing plan (please use the following Excel table, download here
For further information visit Scholarshipads website
Please leave a comment below!