The bright futures scholarship is a great financing option for Florida residents who wish to stay in the state to pursue college or professional studies and benefit from the scholarship.
Also, there are three award levels in the Florida Bright Futures scholarship: The Florida Academic Scholars Award, Florida Medallion Scholars Award, and Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholars Award.
However, the three scholarships are easily renewable, which means you can significantly reduce your university costs for the scholarship for several years.
Bright Futures Scholarship Worth
The Florida Academic Scholars (FAS) will receive 100% tuition and applicable fees, as well as $300 for summer and spring sessions, to cover additional training costs. Also, students attending a public institution will be entitled to tuition and fees.
However, FAS students can receive an award during summer sessions to cover tuition and applicable fees, beginning in the summer semester. The Florida Medallion Scholars (FMS) will receive a scholarship that covers 75% of the tuition fees and applicable fees. FMS students can receive an award during summer sessions to cover tuition and applicable fees, beginning in the summer semester of 2021.
The applicable fees for both FAS and FMS include activity and service fees, health fees, athletic fees, financial aid fees, capital improvement fees, campus access/transportation fees, technology fees, and tuition differential fees.
Bright Future Scholarship Amount
In summary, the bright future scholarship award amounts to:
- The Florida Academic Scholars Award is $212.71 per credit hour.
- The Florida Medallion Scholars Award is $159.53 per credit hour.
- The Academic Top Scholars Award is $44 per credit hour.
Do You Want to Get Scholarships Updates?
Steps to Subscribe
- Click on the link above ‘SUBSCRIBE NOW‘
- Input your email then click ‘subscribe’
- Then go to your email inbox and complete verification
Then you’ll receive all the latest updates on this;
Bright Futures Scholarship Requirements
To apply for a bright future scholarship, the first step is to verify that you are actually eligible for this scholarship. The following are the general requirements that apply to all bright futures scholarships:
- You must be a resident of Florida and a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen (as determined by your college).
- You must complete the application for financial assistance in Florida before August 31st of your high school year.
- Also, you must obtain a Florida high school diploma or its equivalent from a Florida public high school or a registered Florida Department of Education private school.
- You should not have been convicted of a crime
- You must be accepted by and enroll in a degree or certificate program at an eligible Florida public or independent postsecondary institution (postsecondary, college, vocational, or professional program).
- In addition, you must be enrolled for at least 6 (non-remedial) credit hours per term.
The Bright Futures Scholarship Application Process
If all of your eligibility requirements are met. Then, you can start the application as early as December 1st.
Submit the Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA)
The FFAA opens on December 1st each year. Also, Your Florida Bright Futures account login information will be sent to you after you submit the FFAA. Just remember that you must submit your FFAA by August 31 of the year that you graduate from high school, or you won’t be eligible for a scholarship award.
Take the ACT or SAT and Submit Your Scores
The good news is that you’ll have to take either the ACT or SAT for college applications anyway. However, send your scores to any Florida public college or university to ensure that the Florida Department of Education–the institution that reviews Bright Futures applications; receives them.
Submit Your Official High School Transcripts
More good news: many schools will submit your transcripts automatically for consideration. Although, it’s a good idea to check in with your guidance counselor about whether you need to take any additional steps.
Keep the Information in Your Account Updated
There are a bunch of things you can manage once you get your bright future scholarship account information:
- Monitor your reported service hours.
- Update your postsecondary institution: once you’ve been accepted to/enrolled at an FL college or vocational school, you would make a note of this in your account.
- Update any demographic information.
- View your eligibility determination: check your account once everything’s been submitted to see if you’re eligible for the scholarship.
To submit your application,
Bright Futures Scholarship Deadline
Finally, The deadline for the submission of the application is August 31st.
What this post helpful?
Be sure to leave a comment below.
Sharing is Caring, please share this post if you feel someone else needs to know about this information.
- Top 10 Music Scholarships for International Students
- Top 10 University of Toronto full Scholarships
- MIT Scholarships for International Students
- Art Scholarships for International Students 2021
- Netflix Postgraduate Scholarship Programme for South Africans
- DAAD Scholarship for International Students 2021/2022 | Apply Here
- USC Merit Scholarships | University of Southern California Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship Programs (KGSP)