Ghana Scholarship Secretariat 2022 | Application Form Portal – Ghana Scholarship Secretariat has announced scholarship opportunities to continuing students for the academic year.
The Ghana Scholarships Secretariat was established in 1960 as an extra-ministerial body under the Office of the President mandated to administer all government scholarships both locally and abroad.
Its main programs and activities fall under the thematic area;
Human Resource Development, Employment and Productivity under the Ghana Shared Growth and Development Agenda (GSGDA) and Goal 4 of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) specifically addressing;
- Provision of quality education
- Human Capital Development, Productivity, and Labour Relations, thus providing for the manpower needs of the country.
The impact of these interventions is found in the areas of increased access to quality training for needy, brilliant, and deserving students at the tertiary education level.
The Human Resource deficit in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) has been fully acknowledged and strategies have been developed over the years to address the gap in society.
Office of the President, Ghana Scholarship Secretariat.
Scholarship To Be Taken at:
Local and Foreign tertiary institutions.
Partial to fully-funded scholarships.
Ghana Scholarship Worth:
Do You Want to Get Scholarships Updates?
Steps to Subscribe
- Click on the link above ‘SUBSCRIBE NOW‘
- Input your email then click ‘subscribe’
- Then go to your email inbox and complete verification
Then you’ll receive all the latest updates on this;
Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Country/Candidate Eligibility:
- Be a citizen resident in Ghana.
- Not below 18 years and not more than 26 years of age for undergraduate studies, Not more than 34 years for Masters, and not more than 44 years for Ph.D.
- Open the web address scholarshipgh.com
- Create an account to register
- Complete the application form and upload academic transcripts, admission letters, and academic certificates.
- Complete an online aptitude test and be scheduled for a selection interview in your selected district.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
LOCAL TERTIARY SCHOLARSHIPS: Applicants are to take note of the following;
- Should have gained admission into a local tertiary institution
- Should have registered and enrolled to undertake the course
- The Institution should be accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB)
- Categories of Local Tertiary Institutions (Private and Public)
- Nurses/Teacher Training Colleges
Colleges of Agriculture
Certificate awarding tertiary institutions
FOREIGN TERTIARY SCHOLARSHIPS: Eligibility criteria for the foreign scholarship are determined by the awarding body.
These scholarships are based on a Bilateral Cooperation Agreement between the Government of Ghana and the Government of the awarding country.
Currently, the countries that fall under this category include:
- MoroccoGerman Government Doctoral Programme (DAAD)
In addition to the above, the Commonwealth Secretariat also awards scholarships to Ghanaians at the postgraduate level based on a multilateral arrangement between Ghana and Commonwealth member countries.
Information for existing beneficiaries: Existing foreign scholarship beneficiaries will be given on a portal to enable them to renew their awards annually online.
Bilateral Applications: Prospective applicants for bilateral scholarship awards will be required to complete the online application upon confirmation of their awards by the awarding country.
What Is An Aptitude Test For Ghana Scholarship Secretariat?
An aptitude test is a way for employers to assess a candidate’s abilities through a variety of different testing formats. Aptitude tests will test your ability to perform tasks and react to situations at work.
What Does Ghana Secretariat Scholarship Cover?
The award covers:
- Payment of disability.
- Grants to physically challenged Ghanian students in tertiary institutions.
- Long stay allowance for medical science students in public tertiary institutions in the country.
16th June 2021 and ends or closes on 31st July 2021.
Was this post helpful?
Be sure to leave a comment below.
Sharing is Caring, please share this post if you feel someone else needs to know about this information.