Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) 2022 – If you’re a student looking to reduce the cost of your education and set yourself up for success after graduating, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund is an amazing resource.
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund is a non-profit organization that aims to empower Hispanic and Latino students with the knowledge and resources to excel in higher education. Every year, the HSF selects around 10,000 students to become HSF scholars.
If you’re selected as an HSF scholar or one of the Hispanic scholarship fund winners 2021, you can gain access to a wide range of amazing services, including internship and job opportunities with HSF’s corporate partners, mentorship opportunities, leadership development programs.
HSF Scholarship Opportunities
Annually, the HSF awards HSF scholars more than $30 million in merit-based scholarships, ranging from $500-$5,000 per student. These scholarships can be used to pay for tuition fees, books, and other academic-related supplies, room/board, and transportation expenses related to school. But, it’s important you know upfront that not all HSF scholars receive scholarships. That’s why later in the post we’ll give tips on how to boost your chances of winning.
Hispanic Scholarship Requirements
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund can be an option for you at nearly every stage of your education, including when you’re a:
- Graduating high school senior
- Undergraduate student (all years)
- Community college student transferring to a four-year university
- A graduate student (law school, medical school, MBA, and all other full-time masters or Ph.D. prog
But to become an HSF scholar and be eligible for scholarships, you must also:
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Be a US citizen, permanent legal resident, or DACA
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for high school students; minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for college and graduate students
- Plan to enroll full time in an accredited, public, or not for profit, four-year university, or graduate school, in the US, for the upcoming academic year submit the FAFSA or state-based financial aid forms (if applicable)
How To Apply For Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Applying for the Hispanic scholarship fund will require you to gather several documents to complete your online application. Luckily, it’s nothing too complicated.
Here’s everything you need:
- Your most recent high school or college transcript.
- A completed FAFSA.
- A copy of your student aid report (SAR).
- Financial aid award letter from the college/university you will be attending.
- A picture (professional headshot or student photo).
- Enrollment verification from your college/university.
- A personal essay- you will be asked to write an essay about goals, strengths, education values, and why you’re applying for the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
- At least one academic recommendation letter.
- Employment Authorization Document (EAD)- This requirement only applies if you are a DACA recipient.
Hispanic Scholarship Application Portal
VISIT https://www.hsf.net/scholarship OR CLICK HERE
6 Tips To Improve Your Chances Of Winning a Scholarship From the HSF
Unsurprisingly, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund receives thousands of applications from qualified students every year, but not all will be chosen as HSF scholars. Even fewer will be given scholarships. So, here are a few tips to boost your chances!
- Start your HSF application as soon as possible.
- Submit the FAFSA early.
- Strive for a strong academic record.
- Write a remarkable personal essay.
- Seek out leadership opportunities.
- Make sure you get a stellar recommendation letter.
How are students selected as HSF Scholars?
Successful candidates are selected on the basis of academic achievement, personal strengths, leadership, and extracurricular accomplishment.
Completed applications are evaluated by HSF-certified readers. Once they have been read, we then begin our rigorous process of selection. It is important that the information an applicant provides regarding his/her intended school/major be as up to date as possible, prior to our selection process.
When are Hispanic scholarship Fund Awards Announced?
January – The HSF Scholar Program application opens on January 1st and closes February 15th.
March – Finalists are announced and must submit recommendations, transcripts, the SAR, and an essay.
May/June – Applications given the highest scores by our readers will be selected as Scholars. At this point in time, Scholars will either be notified if they have received a monetary award (funded) or if they were waitlisted for an award (waitlisted). In both cases, Scholars are eligible for HSF support services and conferences, upon completing the verification process.*
June to September – All Scholars must submit their financial aid award letter.
October to November – Scholars must also submit their enrollment verification form.
October to December – Scholars who receive funding will also be disbursed between the months of October and December.
*Scholars who are waitlisted for an award may not receive an initial award but will also continue to be considered for an award if additional funding becomes available during the current award cycle. Scholars who do not receive an award will also have access to all of the same services and resources that awarded HSF Scholars do, with the exception of the monetary award, itself.
For general questions, call 1-877-HSF-INFO.
What this post helpful?
Be sure to leave a comment below.
Sharing is Caring, please share this post if you feel someone else needs to know about this information.
- Top 10 Music Scholarships for International Students
- Top 10 University of Toronto full Scholarships
- MIT Scholarships for International Students
- Art Scholarships for International Students 2021
- Netflix Postgraduate Scholarship Programme for South Africans
- DAAD Scholarship for International Students 2021/2022 | Apply Here