Korean Government Scholarship Programs (KGSP) 2022 – Get ready to study in Korea’s best universities by applying for a Korean Scholarship (KGSP 2022)! Trust me; this is such a golden opportunity for the students looking forward to getting higher studies in one of the best public or private universities in Korea.
The Korean government welcomes you to apply for the most awaited Korean Scholarship (KGSP 2022), for which students from all over the world can apply right now. The Korean Government is accepting online applications.
Awarded Amount In Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2022
The awarded amount of the scholarship is covering all the airfare expenses or travel tickets of selected candidates. Plus, the student will get the relocation or resettlement allowance which is a maximum of 200,000 KRW. For living expenses and medical insurance, the Korean government will award around RW 20,000 per month.
Once the students are selected, they have to cross themselves through the Korean language course as well. This course has a duration of 3 months, for which the candidate will be awarded KRW 800,000. The awarded amount will also cover the tuition fee, which will be around KRW 5,000,000/per semester.
KGSP Eligibility Criteria
If you want to get admission to a Korean university successfully, you must be careful about the eligibility requirements. Let’s discuss a few below:
- Local Korean students applying for admission should have Korean citizenship, without which they will be ineligible for admission.
- Extra preference will be given to a student who has an excellent score in extracurricular sports as well.
- For the undergraduate degree, the applicant should not be more than 25 years old. Only those students can apply who have a CGPA score of more than 80%.
Do You Want to Get Scholarships Updates?
Steps to Subscribe
- Click on the link above ‘SUBSCRIBE NOW‘
- Input your email then click ‘subscribe’
- Then go to your email inbox and complete verification
Then you’ll receive all the latest updates on this;
KGSP 2022 Application Submission Process
There are different Korean universities linked with this scholarship program, as we have already mentioned that a student is allowed to choose the university based on their preferences.
So make sure you know the list of all universities to explore them better. Just a few of them are connected with the Korean Scholarship procedure. The entire Scholarship process is under the supervision of Korean Higher Education.
Further instructions are given below:
- A student can only apply through the Embassy or a specific university.
- All the documents should be submitted to their country’s Embassy, or the student can also submit them to be selected by the university.
- Korean University or the Embassy will forward the documents to NIIED. Only the documents of those students will be forward who are shortlisted by the NIIED.
- NIIED will be investigating all documents one by one and will, later on, notify the university or the Embassy about the selected recipients.
- Korean Embassy or university can make you know further about whether your application has been selected or rejected. In the end, the scholarship committee will notify the student regarding the further procedure.
Important Documents Need To Be Attached To Apply For KGSP 2022
The list of important documents needed for the KGSP Scholarship 2021 is:
- Scanned copy of higher education degree
- Copies of transcript
- Letters of recommendation from employers or professors
- Personal statement to apply in Master’s or Ph.D. programs
- Research proposal (compulsory for MS for Ph.D. students)
- Motivational letter
How Do I Apply To Korean Government Scholarship Programs?
The best way to get accurate, up-to-date information on Korean Government Scholarships is through the website. The website is managed by the National Institute for International Education (NIIED). It provides services in twelve languages: Korean, English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Russian, Mongolian, Japanese, Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, French and Indonesian. Applications are also submitted there.
The process of selecting scholarship winners is complex. NIIED askes the Korean Embassy in the host country, or a domestic university, to provide a list of recommended candidates for Korean Government Scholarships.
Although is submitted online, prospective students must give all relevant documents to the Korean embassy in their country or the domestic university that is part of the program, prospective students must give all relevant documents to the Korean embassy in their country or the domestic university that is part of the program.
Once the embassy or university receives the applicant’s records, they will send them to NIIED. From there, NIIED evaluates each candidate then notifies the Korean embassy of their selection. Also, the spelling of the applicant’s English name must match their passport.
Deadlines For Korean Government Scholarships
There isn’t a single deadline for Korean Government Scholarships. Instead, deadlines are set by the host country’s Korean embassy and participating domestic universities. However, there are general guidelines. For example, application guidelines and the announcement of the first round of selections will commence in Mid-February.
Then, NIIED will receive students’ applications and documents in March or April for graduate students and October or November for Undergraduates. In addition to the study in Korea website, their Notice Board also provides updates on deadlines.
What Is The Main Purpose Of The Korean Scholarship KGSP 2022?
By applying to the scholarship program, students will be able to get higher studies in different programs. This includes graduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. degree programs. Applicants are free to choose the specific university that falls under their criteria.
The Korean government has announced this scholarship program just to strengthen their relationship with the rest of the countries by giving high-quality education to their youth.
How Do I Apply For The 2021 Korean Government Scholarship?
Applicants are required to apply online on the Ministry’s application portal http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship.
Is Studying In Korean Worth It?
Studying in South Korea will open up a wide range of employment opportunities for you. Graduates from Korean universities are highly sought after by employers all over the world. In addition, the South Korean economy is extremely stable, assuring you a financially secure future following graduation.
Is It Hard To Study In Korea?
Is the university in Korea hard? Getting admission into a prime university in Korea is quite hard. However, once admitted, graduating is relatively easy. In clear terms, the acceptance rate of prime universities is quite low, but its graduation rate is on the high side.
What this post helpful?
Be sure to leave a comment below.
Sharing is Caring, please share this post if you feel someone else needs to know about this information.
- Top 10 Music Scholarships for International Students
- Top 10 University of Toronto full Scholarships
- MIT Scholarships for International Students
- Art Scholarships for International Students 2021
- Netflix Postgraduate Scholarship Programme for South Africans
- DAAD Scholarship for International Students 2021/2022 | Apply Here
- Top Ten Korean Scholarships for International Students