Rhodes Scholarship 2022 Applications – The Rhodes Scholarship is offered to international students who intend to undertake postgraduate studies at the University of Oxford UK for the academic year 2022/2023.
Moreover, Rhodes Scholarship provides the recipient with a living stipend (£15,144 per annum), all University and College fees, and the University application fee. Also, A class of 100 Scholars is selected each year from over 60 countries around the world.
What is the Rhodes Scholarship?
The Rhodes scholarship is the most prestigious and oldest (first awarded in 1902) international scholarship program, enabling brilliant young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
However, Rhodes Global Scholarship is seeking brilliant young leaders who are enthused to engage with global challenges and to support international understanding and peace.
Besides, the selection of Rhodes Scholars is made without regard to gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, social background, caste, or disability.
Do You Want to Get Scholarships Updates?
Steps to Subscribe
- Click on the link above ‘SUBSCRIBE NOW‘
- Input your email then click ‘subscribe’
- Then go to your email inbox and complete verification
Then you’ll receive all the latest updates on this;
Eligibility Criteria for Rhodes Scholarship
To qualify for Rhodes Scholarship, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below;
- Citizenship and residency: Each applicant must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying.
- Education: All applicants must have achieved the completion of an honors bachelor’s degree by October. As well, academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements. Also, In Canada, a GPA of a minimum of 3.75/4.0, or equivalent, is expected.
- Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by October 1st of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Also, Successful candidates will arrive at Oxford by October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.
- Required Language: English
Here is the list of the required documents for this scholarship;
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities. (Please do not include a photograph in your CV for this scholarship)
- Evidence of academic record/transcript (complete or in progress) of an undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language). Check requirements here.
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- Four reference letters from appraisers who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular, and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related)
The Rhodes Scholarship Worth
Rhodes Scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits;
- A living stipend (£15,144 per annum);
- All University and College fees;
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
- The University application fee;
- The tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to an application process, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil (Ph.D.).
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship
Firstly, You can apply online HERE, via the scholarships tab.
Secondly, You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by the deadline.
Thirdly, In preparation for making your application, you should read carefully the general information, particularly that held on the Scholarships tab, on the Rhodes website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document, and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford
Furthermore, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a social engagement and a final interview. You must be available to attend both, in person, as no accommodations can be made on the date and time, or the mode, of these events.
Also, No candidate will be selected without an interview. However, Travel expenses will be paid by the Rhodes Trust and will cover the round trip cost of a First Class rail ticket, but excluding hotel expenses. International travel for those attending from overseas cannot be funded.
Finally, all applicants will be emailed with the outcome of their application.
Was this post helpful?
Be sure to leave a comment below.
Sharing is Caring, please share this post if you feel someone else needs to know about this information.
- Top 10 Music Scholarships for International Students
- Top 10 University of Toronto full Scholarships
- MIT Scholarships for International Students
- Art Scholarships for International Students 2021
- Netflix Postgraduate Scholarship Programme for South Africans
- DAAD Scholarship for International Students 2021/2022 | Apply Here
- Posse Scholarship Applications | Apply Here